*The club meets at 8pm on Monday evenings, between September and April at the Emmanuel Methodist Church on Huddersfield Road, Barnsley S75 1DT.
Formed in 1924, it has met in a number of different venues until it came to its present location where the facilities are excellent.
With Digital Photography and Digital Imaging becoming the main choice of many photographers, the society has embraced this and has some equipment for training and use by society members. The programme includes evenings of hands on photography where new photographers can gain experience from the more seasoned photographers in our society and even the more experienced often learn a tip or two from their fellow members.
Competitions are held among the society members throughout the year and all members regardless of skill level are encouraged to participate.
New Members are always welcome, so come along and visit us. Refreshments are available. Thank you for visiting this site.We look forward to seeing you in person.
Serving Committee Members
- President – Brian Crossland
- Vice-President – Roy Lloyd
- Treasurer – Bill Ixer
- Deputy Treasurer – Jeff Moore
- General Secretary – Brian Crossland
- Programme Secretary – Phil Harris
- Competition Secretary – Roy Lloyd
- Deputy Competition Secretary – Jeff Moore
- YPU Representative – Willem Van Herp
- AV Show Coordinator – Bill Ixer
- Exhibition Coordinator – Phil Edwards
- Committee Member – Glyn Tattersall
- Committee Member – Jeff Moore
- Webmaster – Phil Holmes