Competitions focussing on various aspects of photography are held among the society members throughout the year. All members regardless of skill level are encouraged to participate.
- Entries for the Society’s Competitions can consist of a maximum of 2 Prints and 3 Digital Images for projection for each category. It is advisable to enter as large a print as possible within the limits set.
- All print entries to be mounted using a maximum size of mount of 50 x 40 cm., and will include a Society Membership number, Title of Entry and Category being entered but not the member’s name.
- Digital files should be jpegs with a maximum of 1024 pixels horizontally by a maximum of 768 pixels vertically. They should be given an appropriate title and should start with your membership number followed by ‘P’ or ‘D’ (P=Print-D=Digital) then your title in capitals followed by by name e.g. 12 P VIEW FROM SNOWDON by Phil Holmes
- Entries to be handed in to the Competition Secretary on or before the date specified in the programme. Digital entries and copies of print images that are being entered, can be sent by email to Roy Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org (see how to name files above.)
- When projected images are handed in, a digital copy of all print images that are being entered should also be included.
- Each image can only be entered for one competition and for one category i.e. print or projected images.
- Any image can be entered only once into competitions during the membership of the member. Images previously entered into any competition, including little gems, will be disqualified.
16th January 2017 – Entries required for the ‘Portrait Competition’
6th February 2017 – ‘Portrait Competition’ – Judge: Monty Trent
13th February 2017 – Entries required for ‘Nature’ Competition
20th February 2017 – Entries required for the ‘YPU Exhibition’
6th March 2017 – ‘Nature Competition’ – Judge: Jon Brady
3rd April 2017 – Entries required for ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’
10th April 2017 – ‘Little Gems Competition’ – Members are invited to bring along a maximum of 2 entries which are sized 7″ x 5″ mounted or unmounted and enter them into this popular competition. Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.
24th April 2017 – ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’ Judge: Christine Hodgson
4th September 2017 – ‘President’s Trophy Competition’ – Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society. Entries required for ‘Landscape Competition’
11th September 2017 – Entries for AV show Competition
18th September 2017 – ‘Landscape Competition’ – Judge: TBA
2nd October 2017 – ‘Audio Visual Competition’ – Judge – TBA
30th October 2017 – ‘Brian Pulman’ Black and White Competition – Judge: TBA
20th November 2017 – ‘Open Competition’- Judge: TBA
4th December 2017 – ‘Architecture/Record Competition’ – Judge: TBA
18th December 2017 – ‘Three On A Theme Competition’ – Members are invited to bring along a 3 images related to one subject/theme which are sized 7″ x 5″ mounted or unmounted and enter them into this popular competition. Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.