Competitions focussing on various aspects of photography are held among the society members throughout the year. All members regardless of skill level are encouraged to participate.
- Entries for the Society’s Competitions can consist of a maximum of 2 Prints and 3 Digital Images for projection for each category. It is advisable to enter as large a print as possible within the limits set.
- All print entries to be mounted using a maximum size of mount of 50 x 40 cm., and will include a Society Membership number, Title of Entry and Category being entered but not the member’s name.
- Digital files should be jpegs with a maximum of 1024 pixels horizontally by a maximum of 768 pixels vertically. They should be given an appropriate title and should start with your membership number followed by ‘P’ or ‘D’ (P=Print-D=Digital) then your title in capitals followed by by name e.g. 12 P VIEW FROM SNOWDON by Phil Holmes
- Entries to be handed in to the Competition Secretary on or before the date specified in the programme. Digital entries and copies of print images that are being entered, can be sent by email to Roy Lloyd at email@example.com (see how to name files above.)
- When projected images are handed in, a digital copy of all print images that are being entered should also be included.
- Each image can only be entered for one competition and for one category i.e. print or projected images.
- Any image can be entered only once into competitions during the membership of the member. Images previously entered into any competition, including little gems, will be disqualified.
14th January 2019 – Entries required for the ‘Nature Competition’
28th January 2019 – ‘Nature Competition’ – Judge:- Royston Packer
4th February 2019 – Entries required for the ‘YPU Exhibition’
11th February 2019 – Entries required for ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’
25th February 2019 – ‘Photojournalism/Action Competition’ – Judge:- Christine Hartley
11th March 2019 – Entries required for ‘AV show’ Competition
25th March 2019 – ‘Audio Visual Competition’ – Members To Judge Entries
8th April 2019 – Entries required for ‘Portrait Competition’
29th April 2019 – ‘Portrait Competition’ Judge:- Keaton Roebuck
2nd September 2019 – ‘President’s Trophy Competition’ – Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.
9th September 2019 – Entries required for ‘Landscape Competition’
23rd September 2019 – ‘Landscape Competition’ – Judge:- TBA
14th October 2019 – Entries required for ‘B&W Competition’
28th October 2019 – ‘Brian Pulman’ (B & W) Competition – Judge:- Stephen Dean
4th November 2019 – Entries required for ‘Open Competition’.
18th November 2019 – ‘Open Competition’- Judge:- Christine Hodgson – Entries required for ‘Architecture/Record Competition’
2nd December 2019 – ‘Architecture & Record Competition’ – Judge:- Grahame Gage
9th December 2019 – ‘Three On A Theme Competition’ – Members are invited to bring along a 3 images related to one subject/theme which are sized 7″ x 5″ mounted or unmounted and enter them into this popular competition. Judging will take place on the night by members of the Society.